Dream Up, Speak Up, Stand Up
The "Dream Up, Speak Up, Stand Up" program was first launched in March 2013, in Lagos, Nigeria at the Pan-Atlantic University, and in other schools in partnership with the US Consulate in Lagos. We have since done it in Nigeria, Malawi, Mauritius, Ethiopia, the United Kingdom, Ghana, South Africa, Namibia, Kenya and Tanzania.
The aim is to :
- encourage girls to stay in school and get the best education they can
- show parents what girls can achieve if given the opportunity
- show other adults why it is important to focus on girls' education
- encourage leaders to help fight for the girl child development
- use myself as an example of what girls can do, even at an early age if